- 1 x 325g (10oz) buttermilk pancake mix
- 1/3 cup roasted macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- Unsalted butter for cooking
- 1/4 cup extra macadamias, roughly chopped to serve
- Maple syrup, to serve
- 100g (3oz) unsalted butter, whipped until fluffy
- 1/4 cup toasted unsalted macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- To make butter, fold macadamia nuts through whipped butter until well combined.
- Empty contents of pancake mix into a large mixing bowl. Add water as measured on packet instructions plus extra 1/4 cup, whisk until well combined. Gently fold through banana and macadamia nuts.
- Heat a little butter in a non stick frying pan over a medium heat, add enough batter to form a 10cm (4 inch) circle. Cook until bubbles form, turn and cook other side. Remove from pan and keep warm in oven. Repeat process with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with macadamia butter, sprinkle with extra chopped macadamia nuts and drizzle with maple syrup.