- 1 tablespoon gelatine
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 180g (6oz) white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 3 eggs separated
- 3 /4 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 300mL (13 /4 cups) thickened (whipping) cream
- 1 cup lightly roasted macadamia halves, chopped medium fine
- Set aside 6, 1 cup glasses or grease plain moulds with light oil.
- In a small saucepan, soften gelatine in water and brandy. Dissolve over low heat.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over just simmering water. Beat egg yolks and sugar together for 4-5 minutes. Beat in gelatine. Stir into chocolate until mixture is smooth and coats spoon. Remove and cool. Fold in cream and macadamias.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks. Fold through mixture. Pour into glasses. Chill until set.
- If using moulds, run a small sharp knife around inside to release mousse from sides. Invert onto plates and shake gently to remove from moulds.
- Serve with berries and chocolate wedges.