- 4 tablespoons macadamia oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 11 /2 cups macadamia halves
- 2 cups basmati or long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 4 cups boiling chicken stock using 2 stock cubes
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- Handful chopped flat leaf parsley
- Sumac or lemon juice
- Sea salt flakes to taste
- Heat macadamia oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and macadamias. Stir over low heat for 5 minutes until macadamias lightly brown and onion softens.
- Stir in rice until well coated with oil. Pour in stock and spices. Return to the boil, cover and simmer undisturbed for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and stock is absorbed. If the rice becomes too dry, add water.
- Stir through olives, parsley and season with salt.
- Serve with char grilled chicken skewers, sprinkled with sumac or accompany with lemon wedges.